Wednesday, October 29, 2008

God's Plan

I love my Tuesdays. Why? Because of how I have devoted time set apart to study the Word of God and grow in my walk with the Lord. Every Tuesday morning I take part in an incredible bible study that is through Bible Study Fellowship. We are studying the life of Moses and I am loving every second of it. I am challenged and am learning new things every time. One of my biggest struggles is learning it, but not always applying it. I am challenged in this season, more than ever, to live what I am learning.

Then, on Tuesday night, I meet with some incredible girls for an "accountability" time. This is such a refreshing time for me to just sit and talk about our lives and be there for each other. It is so important to have a community of people around you that is there for you. There have been times in my life when I did not have this, and I struggled with certain things. Sometimes we have International Bible Study where we include our dear, dear friend Becca who is in Mexico.

The Lord has been teaching me so many things lately, and I want to use this blog to share just a few of those things. May those that read this be blessed and challenged to change what the Lord lays on their heart. May I live what I write.

Something that I have learned through the life of Moses and all God did throughout His time:


God's plan always happens.

Is anyone else a control freak or is it just me? I try to tame it down by saying, "I am just really organized" or "I just like to have a plan." But the reality is, I want something to happen and I think I have the power to get it to go this way or that way. The reality is, I AM NOT IN CHARGE. God does not need my help in controlling things. He has things under control.

I do not know what is going on in your life, but please know that God's plan always happens. It always happens in His timing. He is sovereign. He is in control of everything.

An important question we need to ask is, "What am I trying to control that God is controlling?" Is it in a relationship? Is it in a certain situation? I have definitely had to give God something I was trying to control. It is hard to trust in the unknown, but it is so humbling to look back and completely see the hand of God over every detail.

When I was in college, I was in one of my classes listening as my professor lectured over the course material. In the midst of her lecture, she said the MOST PROFOUND thing that has stuck with me forever:

Life is lived forward, but understood backward.

God sees this bigger picture that at times, we do not comprehend. We can not see it all. We are just living life and asking the hard questions and struggling to find answers. Sometimes we "feel" God and other times we think He has left us. The truth is, He has NEVER and will NEVER leave us. He is there leading us through situations. We have got to trust Him. There will come a time when you look back and say, "wow, that was totally God."

Whatever you are facing today, may you sense the presence of the living God that is leading you whether you feel it or not. May you have the faith to trust in the midst of unknown circumstances. May we acknowledge that God's plan always happens. Period.

0 comments: