Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Graduation Girls!

I wanted to take a moment and brag on two incredible high school girls....well, now they have graduated. I met Amanda and Bethany when they were in middle school and we have stayed in touch through all these years. They are two phenomenal girls. They love the Lord and have been intentional about knowing Him better and serving Him in their daily life. They come from incredible families that have been there for them and helped them throughout their lives. They have a great group of friends that challenge them and encourage them and hold them accountable. I simply want them to know, today, how proud I am of them!

Amanda, you are a beautiful woman that has such a passion for the Lord and His ways. It is obvious that you want to follow him wherever he leads you. I know you do, because you are doing it right now. How many conversations did we have at Panera and Starbucks and in my living room talking about Mexico, praying over this decision, and trusting the Lord to work out all of the details. And now you are there, serving as an intern. What a sweet testimony of the Lord. And then you are going to start college in the fall. How is possible that my little 6th grade girl is going to college? Man I am old! ha! I want you to know how proud I am of you and will always be here for you!

Bethany, there is something about you that just glows. You are such a beautiful woman and have a genuine love for God and for your family and for others. I love hearing you talk about your family and what you have been through and how the Lord has used it in your life for something so sweet and so beautiful. I love hearing you talk about your the kids you nanny and your neice and nephews--you are going to make such an incredible mom (years down the road!!). I love coming alongside of you and watching how the Lord worked out everything for YWAM. The fall is going to bring such an incredible time in your life. It will be a new transition, and probably a hard one too, but I see the Lord all over it. You are going to grow so much. What a sweet time. I want you to know that I am so proud of you! I am always here through each new season in your life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you so much, Amanda! Thank you for always being here for me. I can't tell you what you mean to me. I can't wait to tell you all about my month! God is so good, and I absolutely know that this time is anointed! Love you!!!

Bethany Struthers said...

Thank you so much! I'm so thankful for you, Amanda!! Love you!