Monday, August 17, 2009

5 Months Old!

Yesterday, Addie turned 5 months old!
A lot has changed from month 4 to month 5:

-She started rolling over! She first started rolling over from her back to her tummy. As of two days ago, she just started rolling from her tummy to her back.

-She started rice cereal. I gave her one bottle of rice cereal first that was super thin so she could still drink it out of the bottle. A week later, I mixed it into a thicker consistency and fed it to her with a spoon.

-She sleeps from 10-7 still with a usual, short 4:00AM wake-up time. She wakes up, either wants her paci or to eat, and then she goes right back to sleep. I am hoping this stops soon! I am not functioning that great at 4:00AM.

-She likes to play in her exersaucer, and sometimes watch Baby Einstein while she is in it.

-She likes to be on the floor with her toys (rattle, books, etc) and then just roll all over the floor.

-She is not a big fan of her swing that she used to love.

-We removed the bassinet from the pack-n-play and now she just sleeps in the bed part. She will be moving to her crib soon. I will miss her laying right next to us! ha!

-She does not sit up yet, maybe by month 6?

-No teeth as of now. We thought she might be teething due to excessive drooling and middle of the night wake-ups, but we have not seen any teeth, so just waiting!

-Her nap time has been totally random. She was on a perfect 2-4 nap and now she hates that time for napping. She barely naps 30 minutes in that time frame. But she has been taking a 2 hour nap from around 11-1. I would like to get on a set nap schedule, but as of now, we are trying to figure that out!

-She wears 3-6 month clothes. Sometimes I put her in her 0-3 month clothes and some of it fits. I think I am in denial that she is getting bigger and 0-3 month clothes do not fit her anymore.

-She wears size 2 diapers. And boy do we go through diapers. It is insane how many cases of diapers you will go through. Has anyone calculated how many cases in a baby's life? I am curious. Maybe I should try cloth? ha! We'll see!

-She loves, loves, loves her daddy. She is definitely a daddy's girl. Colby is super sweet with her and helps out SO MUCH so I can work from home and plan weddings.

-She is more talkative and grunts a lot. She makes a lot of noises.

-She reaches for anything that is placed in front of her.

-She loves her Aunt Becca that just got home from Mexico, but only for 2 weeks! :(

-She likes sitting in her bumbo chair, and bouncy seat.

-My favorite thing in the world with her is when she falls asleep on me and lays on my stomach and rests her head on my shoulder. Oh.My.Word. I am in love.

She is getting more interested in the things around her, is more alert, and learning so much so fast. I am enjoying her being a little more active and involved with things. I feel so blessed to be her mommy. Can't praise God enough!

1 comments:

Jamie Dearle said...

Addie is so precious!
You are going to have to let me know where you get all of her cute little headbands!
Have a great week!