Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy 1 Month Adelyn!

My daughter seriously is already a month old! ahh! Time is flying by. Here is a little about Adelyn at one month old:

-She is on a pretty good routine. She still eats every 3 hours (unless she is going through a growth spurt). During the night she goes longer between feedings.

-She is much more aware of things and we find her constantly staring at things.

-She LOVES her swing.

-She is a cuddler and loves to be held and always be next to someone.

-She does not like to sleep anywhere but with us. We love this because it is cute and we love being close to her and cuddling with her, but we don't love it because we don't want her to get used to it and never go to her crib.

-She is great at riding in the car. I sometimes forget shes with me because she is so quiet. Sometimes she gets fussy if we stop at stop signs or red lights, but once we go, she's good.

-She loves bath time.

-We give her a baby massage every night with the sleepytime lotion and it works wonders. The other night I put her to bed at 10:00 and she slept until 4:00am (6 hours of uninterrupted sleep! woo-hoo!)

-Colby does one middle of the night feeding every night with a bottle. I am SO THANKFUL for this. I do not function well with only 2 hours of sleep. I have offered to do all of the feedings but he wants to. It is a special bonding time between him and Addie.

-I read one book to her every day. She usually is looking at the wall or not paying attention at all (ha! what do you expect out of a 4 week old). But it is so fun and I always want to do that when she is older so why not start now. It is never to early huh?

-Her eye color changes and looks different every day. Most days they are brown. Some days they are blue. Some days they are brown with a blue rim around it. Who knows what color they will eventually become.

-I fall more in love with her every single day. I kiss her a lot. I talk to her a lot. I stare at her a lot. And I take pictures of her a lot (but only with my i-phone because I lost the battery charger to my camera---or someone hid it from me because of how many pictures I took those first couple of weeks). Just sayin'.

Okay, enough information and lets see some cute pics!!

How can you not love that sweet little face? Actually it is not little, it is rather chunky. Adelyn, I can not believe you are one month old! I hope you always know how much your mommy and daddy love you and cherish you.

1 comments:

sara said...

ahhh!! she is so cute!! you are an incredible mom amanda! im so proud of you!!