Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy 2 Months Adelyn!

Another month has come and gone. Will it ever slow down? Today, Adelyn is 2 months old. Things are getting a little more exciting every day. Not a lot has changed from 1 month to 2 months. She had her 2 month check up this week and she got her first round of vaccines.

Her stats:
Weight: 10.1 pounds
Height: 21 inches
Vaccines: Hepatitis B, DTaP, Hib, IPV/OPV, Pneumococcal, Rot.

Here are some things I have noticed that are new:

*Her precious smile (which of course I could not get any pictures of today). She smiles a lot. She smiles the most in the morning when she wakes up and me or Colby go and get her. She also smiles a lot on her changing pad when she is getting her diaper changed.

*Now, more than ever I feel like, she fights sleep. We have learned her "signs" of being tired and usually she will cry until she goes to sleep. She just wants to stay awake and look around, but she is too tired and it bothers her so she cries.

*She has strong legs and a strong neck. She is constantly turning her head in all directions and lifting her head up and down.

*There is no consistent pattern of sleep in the night. Some nights she will sleep 8. Some nights 6. Other nights only 4. We are learning what helps or hinders her long amount of sleep. Probably drinking caffeine before bed doesn't help when you are nursing.

*The majority of nights she sleeps in her bassinet next to us.

*I started wedding season full on and have a wedding every weekend. Addie stays at home with daddy while I work the wedding. This has worked out great! I was so nervous about the transition of going back to work weddings, but it has been beyond perfect. So thankful for Colby being able to help me and not having to worry about a babysitter every weekend. The freezer is fully stocked with milk and he will just defrost a bag for her. He takes care of the house and her and I am so thankful!

* My friends and I ran in the Marathon as we were Team Addie. That was an incredible experience.

*Adelyn went to her first wedding: Jeremiah and Whitney Shaw on May 1st.

*Adelyn went swimming for the first time at Lauren's graduation party on May 8. She loves water. Oh, and she loves her bikini. Here are her ruffles on her bikini bottoms. And she is wearing a bathing suit cover up. :) All courtesy of Old Navy for $5.00. (And thanks Elizabeth the picture!)


*I celebrated my first mothers day on May 10. It was so sweet and special! Adelyn made me breakfast! :) And she wrote me a card and had my favorite candy with it. I think her dad might have helped her with a few things! :)

*Daddy got in a wreck and scared mommy on May 11. I know there are more important things than losing a car but it was kind of sentimental. Thinking of all that car has been through. Colby proposed with that car. We brought home our first child in that car. So many trips in that car. His "ministry" car full of high school boys. We will miss it. Here is the last picture as we were cleaning it out at the wrecker place:

*We took a day trip to Kansas to see Colby's grandpa in the hospital on May 14. It was very precious to have him hold Adelyn the entire time we were there.

The past couple of months of have been incredible. I would be lying if I told you they have been easy months. Hands down, we are living in one of the hardest seasons. We have been faced with many challenges and circumstances that are just hard. However, it has been the best season.

We made a commitment that we did not want to look back on this time and see doubt, and fear, and two people struggling to make it. We made a commitment to let God teach us during this time so that we might look back and be so thankful for all we learned and how we grew.

One day there will be a blog about this season. Not today, as I am living through it and learning each day. All I can say is that we want to have faith and believe that God is doing something beyond what we can see. His ways are not our ways. His ways are higher and better. Even if it means living during a very challenging season. We will be better because of this hard time.

Happy 2 months!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

yay! i have another blog to read :)

Anonymous said...

You are a GREAT little mommy, Amanda! I am amazed to see how you have transitioned (through reading your blog-- we should change that and I should see this in person more!).

I can't wait to see how Adelyn will grow and develop over the coming months. Keep up your blogging- you are entertaining one bored sahm! :)

Love you girl!

Bethany Struthers said...

That is a BIG BOW!! I love it! She is absolutely beautiful! God is going to continue to bless you and your sweet little family! He is so good! Love you!