Thursday, May 28, 2009

Young Life Camp--- Work Week 2009

What an unexpected surprise! Very last minute, Adelyn and I were approved to accompany my husband and several college students to go to Colorado to Young Life Work Week. I don't think wives and babies are "normally" approved to go, but they had some work I could do with a baby and a place for Colby and I to stay and not bother everyone with a baby, so it worked out!
The purpose of Young Life Work Week is to help prepare the camp for more than 4,000 kids to have "the best week of their lives" and meet with Christ. Some of the jobs consist of cleaning windows, deep cleaning cabins and offices, restaining the wood on the cabins, cleaning underneath rocks, painting, making beds, etc. There are hundreds of college students that go from OU, OSU, Kansas, A&M, Baylor, etc. It is a lot of hard work but it is so fun! Good bonding times with some great girls!

I was slightly nervous about a 11 hour car ride with a 2 month old, but Adelyn did great! She had to eat every 3 hours and change diapers, but we got it all under control! She slept great in the cabin and did great during the day while me and Mandy deep cleaned all the offices. There were quite a few Young Life staff members that didn't mind holding her either while I helped clean. I had so much fun and was so thankful to get to be able to go!
Now I am back home and getting back into some kind of routine. Like has been rather insanse lately and I am ready for it to be back to "normal." Whatever that looks like!

2 comments:

tara said...

Don't tell but we have taken our girls a few times to work week! We actually have loved our experiences as a family at work week and I would do it again anytime! Are you all on assignment this summer? Matt is on sabbtical - the girls and i are actually in CO right now at the cabin and it is funny to not be going to camp! hopefully next year!

Mrs. Kelly Ross said...

sweet amanda i need an update on your life! :)