Sunday, March 22, 2009

Adelyn's First Day at Church

Today was Adelyn's first day at church and she was AMAZING.

From 9:30-10:30, I normally teach a Sunday School class for JR and SR girls called "College Bound on Solid Ground." I still taught it today, we just passed little Adelyn around. Don't worry, I brought plenty of hand sanitizer. :) She was so great! I fed her in the middle of the group and had a friend take over while I was gone.

Then from 10:45-11:45, we went to the actual service of church. Since she was well fed she was content and quiet the whole time....with 2 exceptions: she tooted SO LOUD two times. And one of the toots was in the middle of the prayer when it was silent. Colby and I did laugh a little bit. I think God was smiling!

All the songs we sang were all about the faithfulness of God and how perfect and incredible He is. I could not help but cry out of pure thankfulness. Then I got mad that I was crying because I thought everyone was thinking I was having a hard time with postpartum stuff. But really I was just praising the perfect God that created Adelyn and brought her to this world. He made every detail on her body. He created and formed her. He is so perfect and worthy to be praised.

Here is our group:Adelyn with her first bible. It is pink and green paisley that matches her room! :)

I LOVE this picture. Adelyn is laying on my friends lap and just put her arms in the air. I think she was totally worshiping God right with mommy and daddy. It was so precious! I had to sneak out my phone and take a picture!


"You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
-Psalm 139

0 comments: