Sunday, March 29, 2009

These are a Few of my Favorite Things.....Part 3 of 4

Here are a few more items that we have received as gifts that I am just loving:

1. Angel Care Monitor: I know that my mom and my grandma and generations before me survived perfectly without this luxury item, but I am very thankful that we have this item:This was a very special gift from a very special friend. She has an amazing story as does her sister. Bethany walked in on her nephew during his nap last December and found him not breathing. To make a long story short, he ended up passing away as a baby in July. You can read an amazing testimony on Lydia's blog.

Because of her story, she is passionate about this baby item. It detects movement and sound. It can detect if the baby stops breathing and then a little alarm goes off. We have already used it and absolutely love it and it gives us such a peace at night. I have not worried for one second since we have brought her home. That is highly because of the Lord and some baby items that help give me a peace.

2. Video Monitor: We actually registered for a cheaper, simple video monitor, and we received it as a gift, but it did not work in our house. Adelyn's room is too far away from our room so it did not pick up the signal. So, I had to go back to Babies-R-Us and exchange it for one with a greater distance so it would work. We got this one:

and I am in love with it. It has PERFECT quality and is a color screen which is not a big deal, it is just crazy how clear everything is. This just helps us in knowing we can look at her at any time and know she is safe!

3. Medela Breast Pump: Once again, I am sure I am repeating myself, but two things: #1. There are a ton of amazing breast pumps. There is not a right one and a wrong one. When I was reading that girl's blog about what to register for, I saw the word "Medela" a million times. So, I registered for it and several families at our church went in on it together and purchased it for us. I can not compare it with another breastpump as this is the only one I have ever used, but I am IN LOVE with it. It is the EASIEST thing ever. It does not hurt. It is SOOOO FAST! Also #2, I would rather purchase one incredible breastpump and use it for every single child that I have because the quality is amazing and it is a great item, then buy a cheap product and have to replace it at each child's birth. I hope I am not trying to justify it when I say that I think it is cheaper in the long run to just buy one great item instead of having to purchase several cheap items because it keeps on breaking. Anyone with me on this?

4. Lamaze toys: I had NEVER heard about these toys, but my friend was telling me about them and they are incredible for helping your child developmentally. These toys have an entire philosophy as to why their toys are the way they are. You can read about it here. These are really for Adelyn when she gets older, but we have some now so when we have play date at our house the other babies can play with them! How fun!
5. Bumbo: I forgot to register for one of these, but someone gave one to us as a gift, so it worked out perfectly. Adelyn is too tiny to use it now, but all my neices used it a million times. Almost every parent I have talked to LOVES these things.

Okay, there are my 5 items for today! I will be wrapping it up tomorrow. I really hope this helps anyone pregnant or thinking about it!!

0 comments: