Friday, March 20, 2009

God's Perfect Timing

I am just in awe that I am sitting at home with my new daughter who is now 4 days old. I can NOT stop thinking of just how much God was involved in this whole pregnancy and labor and delivery and everything. I want to journal all of this to remember God's goodness and simply praise Him for working out EVERY SINGLE DETAIL. God, may you be glorified continuously!

My due date is actually tomorrow, March 21. These past few weeks there were definitely a lot of moments when I just sat wondering and thinking when she was going to come. My doctor said she did not want me to go over my due date because she did not think my body would be able to deliver her if she got any bigger. We talked about maybe being induced, but we were just waiting.

I also had a few "final to-do lists" of things that had to get done before she came, such as: call her pediatrician to finalize things, install the car seat, pack bags, organize final things, etc. I finished everything on the list on Friday of last week. Then I was officially "ready" (as if you can ever be
fully ready to have a baby).

Bags packed and ready to go:
Then on Saturday, Colby and I had our "last date-night" just in case she was planning on coming soon. We went to Red Rock and got a perfect table on the patio overlooking the lake. We had such an enjoyable dinner just the two of us. This is the last picture of us by ourselves with no daughter. I am 39 weeks pregnant.
Then we came home and played one of our favorite games: Scrabble. Colby usually beats me. This game was a close one the entire way through. Then I spelled Queen (Q on a triple letter, and E on a double word got me 56 points. I am not bragging or anything. Ha!). Needless to say, I won this game. Colby was kind of mad at it. We had a lot of fun!

Then, Sunday came. The day before I had her (which I had no idea she was coming so soon). I wanted her to come. We went to church that morning. Everyone was asking me when I was going to have her, since I have a lot of control over that, ha! I really, really wanted to have her soon but I was just trusting the Lord and his timing over this. We came home frmo church and Colby and I took the longest Sunday afternoon naps ever!!! This is rare. God was definitely preparing us because he knew we were not sleeping that same night.

We woke up and some friends asked us to go to Lake Hefner and play frisbee, play catch, eat at Louie's etc. It was gorgeous on Sunday afternoon. We went and had so much fun. I did not just play catch, I ran around catching the ball, interspersing jumping jacks and squats and being crazy. I was mostly joking about how I wanted to go into labor and maybe if I am active it would help. I have no idea if that is something that helped, or it just happened, but it's part of the memories.

Then we went to Louie's to eat and I got tortilla soup which was kind of spicy. Word on the street says that if you eat something spicy, it helps you go into labor. There are like a million things people told me to help "start labor" , but I think God had it all in control whether I did jumping jacks or ate spicy food or what.

During dinner I spilled my entire water cup all over my lap. Conveniently, I joked and said "my water just broke," as it clearly look like I had. (that was an ironic statement, because hours later, that is what happened).

After dinner we just came home and I watched a movie in bed with my feet up and fell asleep at around 9:30pm.

The rest is to be continued.... It is all a part of God's story and His perfect plan. Glad I got to be a part of it!

1 comments:

busymommyof4 said...

Amanda, God has truly give you a gift of words. What a beautiful story...... God is so good!!! I am so thrilled how everything worked out so wonderfully!! She is beautiful and so are you!!! You are going to be an AMAZING mom!!! I cannot wait to watch the two of you grow as mother and daughter!!! You are such and amazing sister and I am so blessed to have the privileged to be a part of your life here in OK.... would not trade it for anything!!! I love you sweet sister!!

Erin